Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To create in one's mind; to originate an idea through thought.
- I only had ten minutes to think of a solution.
1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 4, in Mr. Pratt's Patients:
- I told him about everything I could think of; and what I couldn't think of he did. He asked about six questions during my yarn, but every question had a point to it. At the end he bowed and thanked me once more. As a thanker he was main-truck high; I never see anybody so polite.
- Used other than as an idiom: see think, of. (to think on the subject of)
- I spent ten minutes thinking of Karen and the times we shared.
To create in one's mind; to originate an idea through thought
think — see think
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.