- (colloquial) Shortened form of what did.
- What'd he say to you?
- (colloquial) Shortened form of what would.
1902, George Horton, The Long Straight Road, page 348:
- I don't want to get good. What'd my wife say?
1916, David Graham Phillips, The second generation, page 229:
- What'd you have said a few months ago, Ranger?
1958, People Will Talk, page 39:
- What'd he have done?
2004, Hand in Hand with Tommy, page 171:
- What'd the neighbors say if they knew I was actually a Jew?
- (colloquial) Shortened form of what had.
1922, Medical Review of Reviews, Volume 28, page 272:
- What'd he done to deserve two blows like that?
1975, Giant Talk, page 239:
- What'd she done with her shoes?
2002, Life after Life, page 19:
- She was very nice, she smiled, and she said well lots of people were on probation, what'd I done?