- Archaic spelling of yield.
- 1594, Christopher Marlowe, Massacre at Paris:
- The guider of all crownes, Graunt that our deeds may wel deserve your loves: And so they shall, if fortune speed my will, And yeeld our thoughts to height of my desertes.
- 1577, Raphael Holinshed, Chronicles of England, Scotland and Ireland (2 of 6): England (2 of 12):
- This doone, […] he compelled capteine Gilbert to yeeld vp the fortresse into his hands.
- 1676, Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler:
- […] they shall yeeld finer wool then the yeer before they came to feed in it, and courser again if they shall return to their former pasture, and again return to a finer wool being fed in the fine wool ground.