Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Archaic spelling of yield.
- 1592, R. G., The Third And Last Part Of Conny-Catching. (1592):
- […] my minde giues me, that this place yet will yeelde us all our suppers this night, the other holding like opinion with him, there likewise walked vp and downe, looking when occasion would serue for some Cash.
- 1592, R.D., Hypnerotomachia, translation of original by Francesco Colonna:
- And to please the eye, the faire fruite was in no place wanting, where it should yeelde content.
- 1613, Gervase Markham, The English Husbandman:
- […] without this rest, and these seasons, it is impossible to make these Clayes harrow, or yeelde any good mould at all.