(At least one of the forms in the hanzi box is uncreated. Detected: "家裏".)
jiā 家 ("family; home") + lǐ 里 ("inside")
- home, family
- His family is very rich.
- There is more than one person inside the house.
- (figuratively) one's own group, one's own system
- “有一种问题是我们自己家里出的。比如，现在有些干部争名夺利，唯利是图。” from Mao Zedong 《在省市自治区党委书记会议上的讲话》.
- One type of problem originated from inside our (system). For example, some cadre members strive for fame and wealth, seek nothing but profit.
- (dated or regional) wife (humble, about own wife)
- “于得水道：‘此冤仇实与我无干，如何缠扰着我家里。’” from the Ming Dynasty-era short story collection Slap the Table in Amazement (初刻拍案惊奇, Chu Ke Pai An Jing Qi) by Ling Mengchu, vol. 14.
- Yu Deshui said, "I am essentially unrelated to this enmity (associated with being wronged), why is my wife embroiled?"
- "家裡" (in Mandarin/English), Lin Yutang Chinese-English Dictionary. URL accessed on 2011-01-21.