家 (jiā, “family; home”) + 裡 (lǐ, “inside”)
家裡 (traditional, Pinyin , simplified 家里)
- home, family
- His family is very rich.
- There is more than one person (living) in the household.
- (figuratively) one's own group, one's own system
- “有一種問題是我們自己家裡出的。比如，現在有些幹部爭名奪利，唯利是圖。” from Mao Zedong 《在省市自治區黨委書記會議上的講話》.
- One type of problem originated from within our system. For example, some cadre members strive for fame and wealth, seek nothing but profit.
- (dated or regional) wife (humble, about own wife)
- “于得水道：‘此冤仇實與我無干，如何纏擾著我家裡。’” from the Ming Dynasty-era short story collection Slap the Table in Amazement (初刻拍案驚奇, Chu Ke Pai An Jing Qi) by Ling Mengchu, vol. 14.
- Yu Deshui said, "I am essentially unrelated to this enmity (associated with being wronged), why is my wife embroiled?"