Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also acacia
Proper noun 
- A taxonomic genus within the family Leguminosae — mostly thornless Australasian shrubs and trees. [2000-]
- (superseded) A genus that included all the genera now included in tribe Acacieae.
- An epithet in a botanical name at the rank between species and genus, a name which applies to a section of the genus Acacia.
Usage notes 
- Portions of the circumscription of the genus is quite controversial.
- (genus): Plantae - kingdom, Angiosperms - clade, Eudicots - clade, Core eudicots - clade, Rosids - clade, Eurosids I - clade, Fabales - order, Fabaceae - family, Mimosoideae - subfamily, Acacieae - tribe
Coordinate terms 
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- ^ Morris, William, ed. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. New York: American Heritage Publishing Co., Inc., 1971.