Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also brb
- (Internet slang) (I'll) be right back.
- BRB is also used in popular culture for a multitude of other meanings
- To quote Lucinda Chesterfield, Internet Slang Expert, "Nowadays, it seems that people are using BRB to signify any movement.
- For instance, 'BRB yourself' means 'Please move yourself'.".
- The use of BRB usually relies on the context in which it is used. The same thing said in two different situations will have vastly different meanings.
- For instance
- 'Please BRB yourself' - Said to a drunk at a bar, means 'Kindly remove yourself from the premises'
- whereas 'Please BRB yourself' - said by a Priest to a non-believer means 'Please start believing in the Divine Lord'
- Buckling restrained brace A specialized seismic bracing system for buildings and other structures. Braces used as part of a buckling-restrained braced frame (BRBF)