Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: liberal
Liberal (plural Liberals)
- (politics) A member or supporter of a Liberal Party
- (Canada) A member or supporter of the Liberal Party of Canada, or its predecessors, or provincial equivalents, or their predecessors
- (UK) A Liberal Democrat.
- (UK, dated) A Whig
UK Liberal Democrat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Liberal (not comparable)
- Of or relating to the Liberal party, its membership, or its platform, policy, or viewpoint.
- Generous, in great amount, a large proportion
of or relating to Liberal party