- Rhymes: -eɪl
- A system of writing invented by Louis Braille, in which letters and some combinations of letters are represented by raised dots arranged in three rows of two dots each and are read by the blind and partially sighted using the fingertips.
The Braille Authority of North America recommends using lower-case braille for the script, and reserve capital Braille for the man. However, the script is commonly capitalized as well.
braille (not comparable)
- Of, relating to or written in braille.
- first-person singular present indicative of brailler
- third-person singular present indicative of brailler
- first-person singular present subjunctive of brailler
- third-person singular present subjunctive of brailler
- second-person singular imperative of brailler
braille m (plural brailles)
- braille (system of writing using raised dots)