Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Earliest Usenet uses via Google Groups:
- Abraham: net.jokes - 16 Jun 1982 by ihuxk
- Who did God like better -- Moses or Abraham?
- Abraham's: net.religion - 11 Feb 1983 by floyd
- Clearly God was not talking about physical genealogy but rather spiritual nations that become Abraham's descendents because they believe God as Abraham did.
- Abrahamic: net.women.only - 5 Jan 1984 by Don Stanwyck
- Many Christians refer to the "church" (the group of all Christians) as the New Israel, and seek to remind themselves of the Abrahamic Covenent through such means as circumcision.
- Abrahimic: soc.religion.islam - 30 Sep 1992 by Shakil Waiz Ahmed
- There were still some Meccans who totally secluded themselves from such evil acts, some still tried to hold on to the old Abrahimic way and there were others who even held on to the *true* christianity.
- Abrahamism: soc.culture.lebanon - 17 Nov 1992 by Nabeel Ghuzlaan
- Why was not this idea mentioned by other religions, like Judaism, Abrahamism, etc.?
- Abrahamist: soc.culture.arabic - 19 Jan 1993 by Joachim Carlo Santos Martillo Ajami
- For this reason, those of us who are modern civilized Westerners either by birth or by conviction must undertake the neutralization of Islamist religionist fanatics in particular and Abrahamist religionist fanatics in general whenever possible and as quickly as possible.
- Abrahamists: alt.atheism - 12 Mar 1993 by Joseph Askew
- The problem here is that Buddhism is a family of beliefs, it is like referring to the Jews, Moslems and all Christians as 'Moses-ites' or the lot as Abrahamists.
- Abrahamically: alt.messianic - 10 Mar 1994 by Amos Wittenberg
- Yours Abrahamically and Mosaically, -- Amos Wittenberg
- Abrahamisms: soc.culture.indonesia - 4 Oct 2002 by Jeffrey Anjasmara
- The Tomb of the Patriarchs, a massive stone structure built by King Herod 2,000 years ago, is the grim living metaphor for dueling Abrahamisms.
— Hippietrail 14:06, 8 Feb 2005 (UTC)