- A book of the Old Testament Apocrypha.
- (rare) A male given name.
- 1611, Bible (Authorized, or King James, Version), Tobit 1:3:
- I Tobit have walked all the days of my life in the ways of truth and justice, and I did many almsdeeds to my brethren, and my nation, who came with me to Nineve, into the land of the Assyrians.
Coined by A. S. Goldberg in 1964 as these type of models were first proposed by James Tobin  and are similar to probit models.
- (statistics) a model where the dependent variable is censored.
- ^ 1964, Goldberg, A. S., Econometric Theory, John Wiley & Sons:
- ^ 1958, James Tobin, “Estimation of relationships for limited dependent variables”, Econometrica, volume 26, number 1, The Econometric Society, DOI:10.2307/1907382, pages 24–36: