Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
West Frisian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Friesland.
- (Can we clean up(+) this sense?) (Netherlands) Of or pertaining to West Friesland.
- A language spoken mostly in the province of Friesland, in the north of the Netherlands; West Lauwers Frisian, one of the three West Frisian languages (or language varieties).
- (Can we clean up(+) this sense?) (Netherlands) A dialect spoken in West Friesland in the province of North Holland, historically related to the language spoken in Friesland.
- The lects West Frisian, Saterland Frisian, and North Frisian are sometimes considered dialects of a single Frisian language, but more often they are considered a group of three independent languages.
language spoken in Friesland
the Western Frisian dialect of Dutch
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Please distinguish between the Frisian language group, the West Frisian language (sometimes known as "Frisian"), and the West Frisian dialect.