Wiktionary:Requested entries (Khmer)
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- For words which are listed here only in their romanized form, please add the correct form in Khmer script.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- កខ្វក់ (kâkhvâk)
- កំរាល (kâmréal)
- ក្រខ្វក់ (krâkhvâk)
- ក្រដាសជូតដៃ (krâdaschutdai) - napkin? serviette?
- ក្រឡុក (krâlŏk)
- ក្រោយ (kraôy) - next?
- ខ្ទឹម (khtœ̆m)
- ជូត (chut)
- ណេះ (néh)
- តើ (taeu)
- នាមរនាប់ (néamrônéab) - classifier? counter? measure word? quantifier? (it’s means classifier. I think I saw where someone definec measure word to have the same meaning. A នាមរនាប់ (néamrônéab) is the count word that you need when you count something, such as "three cars", "five people", "one tree".)
- បង (bâng) - a root or prefix of morpheme? See etymology section of បង្រៀន (bângriĕn).
- បង្គន់ (bângkôn) - toilet, but which sense?
- បញ្ហា (bânhha)
- បណ្ដុះ (bândŏh)
- បន្តិចបន្តូច (bântĕchbântoch) - a little?
- បន្ទប់ទឹក (bântôbtœ̆k) - toilet, but which sense?
- បន្លឺ (bânlœ)
- បែក (bêk)
- បំផុត (bâmphŏt)
- ប្រឡាក់ (brâlak) - dirty?
- វង់ (vông)
- សម្រន់ (sâmrôn)
- សូរ (sor)
- សំណាង (sâmnang)
- ស្ងាវ (sngav)
- ស្ងោ (sngaô)
- ស្លឹក (slœ̆k)
- សំខ្យានុគ្រោះ (sâmkhyanŭkruŏh) - classifier? counter? measure word? quantifier?
- "ngam ngov" or "ngam nguv" - a kind of soup, something like ងាំងូវ (ngŏâmnguv), ងុាំង៉ូវ, ងុំាង៉ូវ, or ណាំង៉ូវ (nămngov) though both my Lonely Planet phrasebook and the menu I've seen it on used ង to begin both words and didn't use ណ as I've found in SEAlang.
- I don’t think that ងុាំ or ងុំា are valid spellings in Khmer. As for the other two, searching for their hits on Google, ងាំងូវ (ngŏâmnguv) only gets four hits; ណាំង៉ូវ (nămngov) gets about 95. OTOH, almost all the transliterations had ngam, not nam. Maybe a native speaker will be able to clarify eventually. Yet a third spelling, ងាំង៉ូវ (ngŏâmngov), gets 146 hits. —Stephen (Talk) 11:39, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
- I'll try to photograph the two places I've seen it written with ង - sometimes with these complex scripts you can see it but still be unsure how it works out in Unicode. I got Unicode that looked right but as you say no Google hits which gave me doubts. — hippietrail (talk) 17:52, 8 February 2015 (UTC)