Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- From Ojibwa wiinibig ("dirty waters"), from wiini’ ("to make someone dirty"), wiinad ("it is dirty"), plus nibi ("water"), plural nibig ("waters").
- After the lake, from Cree and Ojibwa ouenpig ("murky water"), describing the river's water entering the lake (CanOD).
Proper noun 
- A city in Canada, the provincial capital of Manitoba.
- Lake Winnipeg, a large lake in Manitoba.
- Winnipeg River, a river that flows 813 km from Lake of the Woods, Ontario, into Lake Winnipeg.
Derived terms 
terms derived from "Winnipeg"
Related terms 
capital of Manitoba
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “Winnipeg” in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 2004.