Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (adjective, noun) IPA(key): /ˈeɪdʒɪd/, enPR: āʹjĭd
- (preposition, verb) IPA(key): /eɪdʒd/, enPR: ājd
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) Old people, collectively.
- Simple past tense and past participle of age.
- Having the age of.
- Aged 18, he had no idea what would happen next.
- 1865 October 6, “Court of Special Sessions”, in The New York Times:
- John Mathews, aged about 18, stood at the bar with his hands in his pockets, alike indifferent to a verdict of acquittal or guilty.
- 2012 March 22, Amy Chozick, “As Young Lose Interest in Cars, G.M. Turns to MTV for Help”, in The New York Times:
- Forty-six percent of drivers aged 18 to 24 said they would choose Internet access over owning a car, according to the research firm Gartner.