Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also allégation
- An assertion, especially an accusation, not necessarily based on facts.
- She put forth several allegations regarding her partner in hopes of discrediting his actions.
- 2011 December 14, Steven Morris, “Devon woman jailed for 168 days for killing kitten in microwave”, Guardian:
- Philip Miles, defending, said: "This was a single instance, there was no allegation of continuing behaviour over a long period of time."
- 2004 April 15, “Morning swoop in hunt for Jodi's killer”, The Scotsman:
- A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We can confirm that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of Jodi Jones. A 45-year-old has also been arrested in connection with allegations of attempting to pervert the course of justice. A report on this has been sent to the procurator fiscal."
- The act of alleging.
Related terms 
an assertion or accusation