Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- empeachment (obsolete)
impeachment (plural impeachments)
- The act of impeaching a public official, either elected or appointed, before a tribunal charged with determining the facts of the matter
- the state of being impeached
- a demonstration in a court of law, or before another finder of fact, that a witness was ingenuine before, and therefore, is less likely to tell the truth now
- (obsolete) Hindrance; impediment; obstruction.
- Willing to march on to Calais, / Without impeachment.
the act of impeaching a public official