Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
antibacterial (not comparable)
- Killing or inhibiting bacteria.
2013 May-June, Katrina G. Claw, “Rapid Evolution in Eggs and Sperm”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 3:
- Many genes with reproductive roles also have antibacterial and immune functions, which indicate that the threat of microbial attack on the sperm or egg may be a major influence on rapid evolution during reproduction.
- This drug has an antibacterial effect.
- (archaic) Opposing the theory that diseases are caused by bacteria.
killing or inhibiting bacteria
antibacterial (plural antibacterials)
- (pharmacology) A drug having the effect of killing or inhibiting bacteria.
- Many household products contain antibacterials.