Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Antiquity
antiquity (plural antiquities)
- Ancient times; former ages; times long since past
- Cicero was an eloquent orator of antiquity.
- The ancients; the people of ancient times.
- That such pillars were raised by Seth all antiquity has avowed. --Sir W. Raleigh.
- (obsolete) An old gentleman.
- You are a shrewd antiquity, neighbor Clench. --B. Jonson.
- (often constructed as an uncountable plural) A relic or monument of ancient times; as, a coin, a statue, etc.; an ancient institution.
Related terms