Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- attached as an appendage
- annexed; concomitant
- a seal appendant to a paper
- Jeremy Taylor
- As they have transmitted the benefit to us, it is but reasonable we should suffer the appendant calamity.
- (law) Appended by prescription, that is, a personal usage for a considerable time; said of a thing of inheritance belonging to another inheritance which is superior or more worthy; as, an advowson, common, etc. , which may be appendant to a manor, common of fishing to a freehold, a seat in church to a house.
appendant (plural appendants)
- Anything attached to another as incidental or subordinate to it.
- (law) An inheritance annexed by prescription to a superior inheritance.
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of