Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
architect (plural architects)
- A professional who designs buildings or other structures, or who prepares plans and superintends construction.
- Plato made the causes of things to be matter, ideas, and an efficient architect.
- A person who plans, devises or contrives the achievement of a desired result.
- Peisistratus was the first architect of the Iliad and the Odyssey.
- 2012 April 21, Jonathan Jurejko, “Newcastle 3-0 Stoke”, BBC Sport:
- French winger Hatem Ben Arfa has also taken plenty of plaudits recently and he was the architect of the opening goal with some superb trickery on the left touchline.
designer of buildings
- (transitive) To design, plan, or orchestrate.
- He architected the military coup against the government.
to design, plan or orchestrate