Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- attendaunt (obsolete)
Audio (US) (file)
attendant (plural attendants)
- One who attends; one who works with or watches something.
- Give your keys to the parking attendants and they will park your car for you.
one who attends
- Going with; associated; concomitant.
- They promoted him to supervisor, with all the attendant responsibilities and privileges.
- Sir Walter Scott
- The natural melancholy attendant upon his situation added to the gloom of the owner of the mansion.
- (law) Depending on, or owing duty or service to.
- the widow attendant to the heir
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Cowell to this entry?)
- Present participle of attendre.
- En attendant Patrick, j'ai croisé David.
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of attendō