Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Present participle of belong.
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to belong.
- I have a feeling of belonging in London.
- A need for belonging seems fundamental to humans.
- (countable) (almost always used in the plural) Something physical that is owned.
- Thyself and thy belongings.
- Make sure you take all your belongings when you leave.
- (colloquial, dated) family; relations; household
- Few persons of her ladyship's belongings stopped, before they did her bidding, to ask her reasons.
the action of the verb to belong