Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to cause to become distended
- to fill soft substance with gas, water, etc.; to cause to swell
- (intransitive) to become distended; to swell up
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Arbuthnot to this entry?)
- to fill with vanity or conceit
- to preserve by slightly salting and lightly smoking, (as in bloated herring).
to cause to become distended
to fill soft substance with gas, water, etc
to preserve by slightly salting and lightly smoking
bloat (plural bloats)
- distention of the abdomen from death
- (figuratively) wasteful use of space
- Adding an e-mail feature to this simple text editor would be pointless bloat.