Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK, somewhat derogatory) ordinary, basic
1969, (unknown), New Society, Volume 14:
- It has become the custom of the industry to quote a basic selling price that applies only to a car so bog-standard that no one would normally want to buy it.
2002, Laura Harper, Tony Mudd, Paul Whitfield, Rough guide to New Zealand:
- The Ranch Milford Rd. Rumbustious locals haunt with bog-standard, but plentiful and cheap, Kiwi grub and drinks deals
2008, Andrew Eames, Something for the Weekend:
- Llanwrtyd Wells isn't particularly old, nor is it architecturally much more than bog-standard. However it sits in beguiling countryside […]
- "Bog-standard" in Michael Quinion, Ballyhoo, Buckaroo, and Spuds, 2004.