A pull-out cutting board beneath a counter.
bread + board
breadboard (plural breadboards)
- A cutting board, especially for cutting bread.
- A pull-out cutting board underneath a counter, found in many kitchens.
- A reusable solderless device used to build a (usually temporary) prototype of an electronic circuit and for experimenting with circuit designs.
reusable solderless device
breadboard (third-person singular simple present breadboards, present participle breadboarding, simple past and past participle breadboarded)
- (transitive) To set up (an electronic device) on a breadboard.
- 1990, Delton T. Horn, 49 electronic 6-volt projects (page 9)
- If the breadboarded circuit operates incorrectly or erratically, try relocating some of the components.