Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːdɪŋ
- The process through which propagation, growth or development occurs.
- Your dog has had good breeding.
- The act of insemination by natural or artificial means.
- The act of copulation in animals.
- The good manners regarded as characteristic of the aristocracy and conferred by heredity.
- Nurture; education; formation of manners.
- She had her breeding at my father's charge.
- Descent; pedigree; extraction.
- Honest gentlemen, I know not your breeding.
- (gay slang) Ejaculation inside the rectum during bareback anal sex, usually applied to gay pornography.
process through which propagation, growth or development occurs
act of inseminating by natural or artificial means
copulation of animals
good manners as characteristic of the aristocracy
breeding (not comparable)
- Of, relating to or used for breeding.
- Your toothbrush is a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Present participle of breed.
- Through genetic manipulation and harsh training, I am breeding a species of super-dogs to take over the world.