Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bulge (plural bulges)
- Something sticking out from a surface; a swelling, protuberant part; a bending outward, especially when caused by pressure.
- a bulge in a wall
- a bulge in my pocket where I kept my wallet
- The bilge or protuberant part of a cask.
- (nautical) The bilge of a vessel.
Something sticking out
- (intransitive) To stick out from (a surface).
- The submarine bulged because of the enormous air pressure inside.
- He stood six feet tall, with muscular arms bulging out of his black T-shirt.
- (intransitive) To bilge, as a ship; to founder.
- And scattered navies bulge on distant shores.
to stick out from