Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: carry-on
- (idiomatic) To continue or proceed as before.
- I'll be gone for a few days, but I hope you will carry on in my absence.
- To take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it.
- You may only carry on items that are smaller than a certain size.
- (idiomatic) To have or maintain.
- It is difficult to carry on a conversation with so many distractions.
- to carry on commerce in a market
- (idiomatic) To act or behave; especially to misbehave so as to attract attention.
- I really wish you wouldn't carry on like that in public!
- (idiomatic) To have an illicit sexual liaison.
To continue or proceed as before
To take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it