Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
cartwheel (plural cartwheels)
- The literal wheel of a cart.
- A gymnastic maneuver whereby the gymnast rotates to one side or the other while keeping arms and legs outstretched, spinning for one or more revolutions.
- (US) A silver dollar of the larger size produced before 1979.
The literal wheel of a cart
A gymnastic maneuver
A silver dollar
- To perform the gymnastics feat of a cartwheel.
- To flip end over end.
- The race car hit a bump and cartwheeled over the finish line.