Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Charity
- (archaic) Christian love; representing God's love of man, man's love of God, or man's love of his fellow-men.
- In general, an attitude of kindness and understanding towards others, now especially suggesting generosity.
- Judge thyself with the judgment of sincerity, and thou will judge others with the judgment of charity. — John Mitchell Mason
- (uncountable) Benevolence to others less fortunate than ourselves; the providing of goods or money to those in need.
- (countable) The goods or money given to those in need.
- (countable) An organization, the objective of which is to carry out a charitable purpose.
- (organization): charitable organization
providing of goods or money
goods or money given
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.