Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
From Nahuatl chilli, via Spanish.
- Alternative form of chili. Alternative form of chile. (a pepper)
- The farmers’ market had a wide variety of chillis from anchos to jalepenos to habeneros.
- (uncountable) Alternative form of chili: chili con carne.
- (uncountable) Powdered chilli peppers, used as a spice or flavouring in cooking.
- I want to make this pasta spicy so I’m going to add some chilli to it.
fresh or dried fruit, capsicum pepper — see chili
chili con carne — see chili con carne