Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The pungent/spicy fresh or dried fruit of any of several cultivated varieties of capsicum peppers, used especially to add heat, or as a flavouring in cooking; associated with Mexican, Indian, and Tex-Mex cuisine.
- The farmers’ market had a wide variety of chilis from anchos to jalapeños to habaneros.
- A dish made with this fruit and other ingredients, such as beans and beef; chili con carne.
- (uncountable) Powdered chili peppers, used as a spice or flavouring in cooking.
- I want to make this pasta spicy so I’m going to add some chili to it.
spicy fresh or dried fruit of capsicum
chili con carne — see chili con carne
Declension of chili (type risti)
- Plural form of chilo