Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- chronick (obsolete)
- Of a problem, that continues over an extended period of time.
- chronic unemployment
- chronic poverty
- chronic anger
- (medicine) Prolonged or slow to heal.
- chronic cough
- chronic headache
- chronic illness
- Of a person, suffering from an affliction that is prolonged or slow to heal.
- Chronic patients must learn to live with their condition
- Inveterate or habitual.
- He's a chronic smoker
- (informal) Very bad, awful.
- That concert was chronic
- (informal) Extremely serious.
- They left him in a chronic condition
- (informal) Good, great, as in "wicked"
- That was cool, chronic in fact
- (prolonged or slow to heal): acute
that continues over an extended period of time
medical: prolonged or slow to heal
suffering from an affliction that is prolonged or slow to heal
inveterate or habitual
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- A chronic one
- (slang) Marijuana, typically of high quality.
- (medicine) A condition of extended duration, either continuous or marked by frequent recurrence. Sometimes implies a condition which worsens with each recurrence, though that is not inherent in the term.
- See also Wikisaurus:marijuana