Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /sɜːkəmˈvæleɪt/
- to surround with a rampart
- 2004: The settlement is circumvallated by a stake-fence, so decayed that one may gain ingress at a dozen places. — David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Derived terms 
circumvallate (not comparable)
- Surrounded with a wall; enclosed with a rampart.
- (anatomy) Surrounded by a ridge or elevation.
- circumvallate papillae, near the base of the tongue
- second-person plural present active imperative of circumvallō