Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
clamshell (plural clamshells)
- The shell of a clam.
- A dredging bucket with hinges like the shell of a clam.
- In foodservice, the white, usually styrofoam box given to consumers with take-out food.
- An object which has a hinge on one edge and two surfaces that close together
- (music) An amphitheater, especially an outdoor amphitheater; the semi-circular acoustic backdrop behind and above the performers.
hinged dredging bucket
clamshell (not comparable)
- similar to the operation of a clam's shell, having a hinge with two sides closing together
- It's a clamshell antenna