Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
clarification (plural clarifications)
- The act of clarifying; the act or process of making clear or transparent by freeing visible impurities; particularly, the clearing or fining of liquid substances from feculent matter by the separation of the insoluble particles which prevent the liquid from being transparent.
- The clarification of wine.
- The act of freeing from obscurities.
- Your ideas deserve clarification.
- 1627: Sir Francis Bacon, Sylva Sylvarum: Or a Natural History in Ten Centuries
- To know the means of accelerating clarification [in liquors] we must know the causes of clarification.
act of clarifying
- clarification in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
clarification f (plural clarifications)
- see clair