clod (plural clods)
- a lump of something, especially of earth or clay
- a stupid person; a dolt
- (transitive) To pelt with clods.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Jonson to this entry?)
- (transitive, Scotland) To throw violently; to hurl.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Walter Scott to this entry?)
- To collect into clods, or into a thick mass; to coagulate; to clot.
- clodded gore
- G. Fletcher
- Clodded in lumps of clay.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.