Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also conférence
conference (plural conferences)
- (politics) A multilateral diplomatic negotiation.
- (sciences) A formalized event where scientists present their research results in speeches, workshops, posters or by other means.
- (business) An event organized by a for-profit or non-profit organization to discuss a pressing issue -- like a new product, market trend or government regulation -- with a range of speakers.
- (sports) A group of sports teams that play each other on a regular basis.
Derived terms 
a meeting of people
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked