Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
speaker (plural speakers)
- One who speaks.
- A native English speaker.
- (politics) The chair or presiding officer of certain legislative bodies, such as the U.K. House of Commons or the U.S. House of Representatives.
- One who makes a speech to an audience.
- The company hired a motivational speaker to boost morale.
- (US) A book containing passages of text for use in speeches.
- (linguistics) The producer of a given utterance, whether actually spoken or not.
one who speaks
politics: the chair or presiding officer
one who makes a speech to an audience
speaker m (invariable)