Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
baffle (plural baffles)
- A device used to dampen the effects of such things as sound, light, or fluid. Specifically, a baffle is a surface which is placed inside an open area to inhibit direct motion from one part to another, without preventing motion altogether.
- Tanker trucks use baffles to keep the liquids inside from sloshing around.
- An architectural feature designed to confuse enemies or make them vulnerable.
- To bewilder completely; confuse or perplex.
- I am baffled by the contradictions and omissions in the instructions.
- (obsolete) To practice deceit.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Barrow to this entry?)
- (intransitive) To struggle against in vain.
- A ship baffles with the winds.
- See also Wikisaurus:confuse
totally bewilder; confuse or perplex
- IPA: /bafl/
baffle m (plural baffles)
- speaker (audio)