Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Back formation of manipulation.
- (transitive) To move, arrange or operate something using the hands
- (transitive) To influence, manage, direct, control or tamper with something
- (transitive, medicine) To handle and move a body part, either as an examination or for a therapeutic purpose
Related terms 
influence or manage
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- present adverbial passive participle of manipuli