Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
consistency (plural consistencies)
- local coherence
- correspondence or compatibility
- reliability or uniformity; the quality of being consistent
- They want to achieve a high degree of consistency in their process and their product.
- That consistency of behaviour whereby he inflexibly pursues those measures which appear the most just.
- the degree of viscosity of something
- Mix it until it has the consistency of a thick paste.
- (logic) Freedom from contradiction; the state of a system of axioms such that none of the propositions deduced from them are mutually contradictory
- (obsolete) Firmness of constitution or character; substantiality; durability; persistency.
- His friendship is of a noble make and a lasting consistency.
Related terms 
reliability or uniformity; the quality of being consistent
degree of viscosity of something