Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: cohérence
- cohærence (archaic)
coherence (plural coherences)
- Quality of cohering; of being coherent; internal consistency.
- a logical arrangement of parts
- His arguments lacked coherence.
- (physics, of waves) the property of having the same wavelength and phase.
- (linguistics) Semantic relationship between different parts of the same text.
quality of cohering; of being coherent
logical arrangements of parts
having the same wavelength and phase
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- “coherence” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).
- coherence; quality of being internally consistent