Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- (uncountable) Friendly discussion.
- (uncountable) Reciprocal exchange of civilities, especially conversation between persons by means of letters.
- (countable) An agreement of situations or objects with an expected outcome.
- (uncountable) Newspaper or news stories, generally.
- (countable) A postal or other written communication.
- (uncountable) Postal or other written communications.
- (set theory, countable) A relation.