Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
context-sensitive (not comparable)
- (computing) Sensitive to context; exhibiting different behaviour depending on a task or situation.
- Right-click anywhere in the document window, and a context-sensitive menu appears.
- (linguistics, of a grammar) Involving transformations that are affected by more of the sentence than merely the section under scrutiny.
- (linguistics) Relating to a context-sensitive grammar.
- We introduce two new techniques for proving termination of context-sensitive rewriting.
- (linguistics): context-free