From French convive
convive (third-person singular simple present convives, present participle conviving, simple past and past participle convived)
- (obsolete) To feast with others
- c. 1602 -- William Shakespeare, -- Troilus and Cressida, Act IV, Scene V
- First, all you peers of Greece, go to my tent;
- There, in the full convive we; afterwards,
- As Hector's leisure and your bounties shall
- Concur together, severally entreat him
convive (plural convives)
- (obsolete) a feast or banquet
- (obsolete) a participant in a feast or banquet
- third-person singular present indicative of convivere
- second-person singular present active imperative of convīvō
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of convivir.
- Informal second-person singular (tú) affirmative imperative form of convivir.