Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A professional who counsels people, especially on personal problems.
- A licensed and professionally trained counselor.
- (education) A school counselor, often in a specialty such as careers, education, or health.
- (law) A counselor, counsellor, counselor-at-law or counsellor-at-law is an attorney.
- (politics) A high ranking diplomat, usually just below an ambassador or minister.
- (leisure) A children’s supervisor, usually at camp.
- community counseling
- rehabilitation counseling
- marriage counseling
- family counseling
- school counseling
- mental health counseling
- college counseling
professional who counsels people