Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
counsel (plural counsels)
- The exchange of opinions and advice; consultation
- Advice or guidance so given
- A lawyer, as in Queen's Counsel (QC)
- See also Wikisaurus:advice
- To give advice, especially professional advice.
- The lawyer counselled his client to remain silent.
- Psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and other mental health professionals counsel clients.
- To recommend
- See also Wikisaurus:advise
to give advice, especially professional advice
Derived terms 
Related terms 
Terms related to the noun or verb "counsel"